A Receding Recession? Much Better Than, Say, A Receding Hairline
We just read an uplifting article (finally) in Oregon Business entitled:The recession is finally over in Oregon. With a headline like that, who couldn’t help but read on? Sounds promising!
- Intel is building a $2.5 billion factory in Hillsboro and just announced its most lucrative quarter ever.
- Facebook is pouring millions into its Prineville data center.
- Google is investing $100 million in Eastern Oregon wind power.
- Crop and beef prices are up for farmers and ranchers.
- Crab and salmon prices are up for fishermen. There will be a salmon fishery off the coast this summer.
- Exports are growing, with the weak dollar playing in Oregon’s favor.
- New businesses are popping up in downtown Bend and Bend’s Old Mill District.
- Statewide, trucking is up 26 percent year over year, online job ads are up 23 percent, and business and personal bankruptcies are down 3.4 and 8 percent respectively.